Christine de Beer - effortless floral craftsman
Stacked Grass Pyramid Armature
- 13 January 2016
- click to send Christine a smile
- and more
Curl the wire ends over with pliers at the ends to prevent it from scratching the shallow container
Find the middle point of the two wires
Connect the two wires at the middle point to make a X
Make sure the wire frame stands securely
Fit the wire frame in a shallow container
Glue a blade of grass from one end of the wire to the other
Add the next blade of grass moving around the frame
These are the longest blades of grass. The next layer is slightly shorter
Place the next blade of grass over, and slightly in from the one below
And the next blade of grass over, and slightly in from that one.
Keep adding blades of grass layering them around following the wire frame as a guide
Keep stacking grass to create a pyramid shape
Sign up for my weekly newsletter
Every week I add a new design with related tutorials. Be sure to subscribe to receive an email notification with design inspiration.
The finish of every design should be flawless. Make sure there are no bits of glue visible in your design by carefully removing all traces of spills.
For this tutorial I focus on a simple weave pattern that does not require you to soften or prepare the leaves to be more durable or flexible. This is the starting point in...
Fold and glue a Monstera deliciosa (delicious monster) leaf
Snip, roll and glue a few blades of grass to create a design feature
It's sometimes difficult to place a tiny crystal or bead exactly where you want it.
A tiny budvase design that rearranges basic ingredients, such as a single leaf and an orchid to create a new design concept.
oh yes, a light an airy design showing off those very first autumn leaves.
A glued snipped to create a cooling cone for dangling orchids
When life hands you dyed flowers you make... well creatively speaking it turned out to be not such a bad thing after all!
This orchid developed at the very end of a long stem... right as the rest of the flowers started to die back so I made a special armature to display the cut stem.